5-6 medium russet potatoes, cut into ¼-1/2 inch cubes
½ tsp salt
½ medium onion, diced
½ Tbsp green chile powder (use other ground red chile if you can’t find this)
½ Tbsp ground garlic powder
1 can Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
1 cup grated smoked cheddar cheese
1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
Diced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray 9 x 13” Corning or Pyrex baking pan with cooking spray.
- Wash and cut potatoes. Cover with water, add salt and heat to boil. Lower to rolling simmer and boil for 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and place in the baking pan.
- Add diced onion and sprinkle with green chile and garlic powders. Stir thoroughly.
- Sprinkle grated smoked cheddar over the potatoes
- Pour green chile enchilada sauce over the potatoes and cheese.
- Sprinkle white cheddar on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle green onions on top and serve with sour cream.